If you have recently switched to an iPhone, you have to transfer your data across different operating systems. Switching between an Android and iPhone is not the same as switching between two Android phones. If you’re concerned about how to transfer contacts from your android phone to an iPhone, you’ve luckily come to the right place. Between two Android phones, you can sync your data through Google’s servers. But, transferring contacts from an Android device to an iPhone is still an easy job too.
There are many ways to transfer data from your Android phone to an iPhone. Out of these, we will be sharing a few that are easy and less daunting. In this article, we will show you some of our favorite ways to transfer your contacts from an Android to an iPhone.
Use Google Sync
While Apple is known for being somewhat allergic to Android users, Google’s services work well on iPhones. It gives you the possibility of grabbing contacts from their servers too. Before beginning this process, you should know that this method works only if you had already synced your contacts on Android with your Gmail account. If you don’t know whether your contacts are synced with your Google account or not, turn on sync in your device’s settings. After turning the sync on, manually sync your contacts.
Now unlock your iPhone and then go to Settings > Passwords and Accounts (Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar on older devices). Turn on the Contacts checker and enter your Gmail account. Your iPhone will now automatically receive all the contacts within a few minutes.
Use the Move to iOS App
Apple has provided an official app called Move to iOS on Google Playstore alongside Beats and Apple Music. This app, as the name suggests, is meant to move your data from an Android phone to iOS. This app lets you transfer photos, videos, contacts, messages, bookmarks, email accounts, and calendars to any iOS device.
Firstly, install the app from Google Playstore. When you are ready to transfer your data, your iOS device will create a private Wi-Fi network and finds your Android device. Next, enter the security code and then send all your contacts to your iPhone.
Transfer Contacts Manually
You can also transfer your contacts manually to any device using a VCF file, even from an Android device to iPhone. Create a VCF file of your contacts in your Android device and then send it to your iPhone. Now open the file in your iPhone to grab all of your phone contacts in a single click. Follow these steps to transfer the contacts manually by creating a VCF file:
1. Open the Contacts app on your Android phone and then tap the menu (three dots) button.
2. Go to Import/export > Export to storage. It will create a VCF file and save it to your device’s storage.
3. Now, send the VCF file to your iPhone using any “regular” method. You may send it through an email synced to your iPhone.
4. Download and open the VCF file on your iPhone. It will prompt you to add all your contacts. Follow the steps, and then the contacts will be transferred in no time.
Use Your SIM Card
It is a simple way to transfer your contacts from an Android device to an iOS device. If you don’t have too many contacts on your phone, this is the simplest way to do your job. This method will be handy if you’re having issues with your Google account or are offline.
Follow these steps to transfer contacts using your nano-SIM card:
1. First, open the Contacts app on your android smartphone and tap the menu (three dots) button.
2. Select the Import/export option and then tap Export to SIM card. This process may differ slightly depending on the brand of your phone. In our guide, we are using a Xiaomi Redmi phone.
3.. Once you export your contacts to the SIM card, remove the card from your Android device and insert it in your iPhone.
4. Turn your iPhone on after you’ve inserted the SIM card.
5. Now go to Settings > Contacts > Import SIM Contacts to import the contacts to your phone. It will save all of your exported contacts from Android to your iPhone.
Now we have taught you plenty of ways to transfer your contacts, so you shouldn’t find it that difficult to go through the transfer process. Use any one of these methods that you find suitable in your case. We always recommend you to use your Google account to sync and backup your data, including contacts. It would make it easier to transfer your data when you switch phones.