When you know that you’ll be traveling for a long time without access to a good data connection or Wi-Fi and want to get entertained throughout the journey, understanding your need, Netflix has the option to download a lot of content for offline viewing. Such a benediction for those who couldn’t enjoy uniform streaming due to data fluctuations.
How to Proceed
· First of all, it’s very important for you to have your Netflix app timely updated. If you don’t have the auto-update functionality then make sure that you update it regularly.
· The app offers you two quality options to download from: Standard and High. The standard quality takes less space and time to download. Whereas, the high quality has video quality ranging between 720p to 1080p resolution. So, it takes more space and time to download. The standard model looks fine on smartphone and the high mode is more suitable for tablets or laptops.
To choose the option, go to the menu option and then go down to the App Settings. There under the downloads, click on to the video quality option and select your preferred quality.
· Everything on Netflix is not available for download, but the company has provided a plethora of options to download for offline viewing. It is quite easy to find the downloadable titles on Netflix. As the app has curated a special section for its customers with the name ‘Available for Download.’ If you want to get some of your favorite shows downloaded, you need to check whether the shows are available for download or not. The download icon on that show’s page should have a horizontal line under it for it to be available for download.
· For downloading the shows and movies, select the download icon available on its page. The app even allows you to set the default location for downloads by going to the setting menu.
· Once the title is downloaded it will appear in the Downloads section. This option is available just above the Home section. All the details like running time, space, and quality are all specified next to it. You enjoy your downloaded shows offline all you need to do is to just click on the video thumbnail.
The app has even set restrictions on the number of times you can download a specific show. Like there are some shows that you can download only twice or thrice during your single billing cycle. Some of the downloads even tend to expire within some days if you don’t pay attention to them. All in all, it’s a great addition to those who suffer a lot while traveling due to data fluctuation and can’t enjoy their favorite shows.