Screenshots are one of the basic functions we use in our daily life. Whether we are messaging or reading an article, screenshots are pretty useful in clipping out important information for future references or sharing. Seeing how screenshots are used by various consumers, scrolling screenshots in android is one such feature brands have added to their custom skins or OS.
As the name says, scrolling screenshot helps take long screenshots of the content on your smartphone’s screen such, as a messaging app or an article. Even though this feature has been a part of the skin or OS for many brands, some smartphones don’t have native support for scrolling screenshots which, is a surprise considering how easily it can be implemented on Android. So today, I’ll be guiding you on how to get the scrolling screenshot on your Android smartphone.
The Custom App For Scrolling Screenshots
As you just read the heading, it says, ‘A Custom App’ which, totally makes sense. If your smartphone does not support the scrolling screenshot feature, then there’s absolutely no way that you can get it enabled through the settings panel. You will have to download a third-party application from the Google Play Store to get this feature.
There are many applications you can find in the Play Store that are quite popular among the users. Here are some of our recommendations:
1. Screen Master: Scrolling Screenshots and Filters (PAID)
- Support for (.PNG) format.
- Direct save to SD card support.
- Multiple methods and gestures to take screenshots.
- Support for filter and editing with stickers, text, and much more.
- Orientation support for custom resolutions.
- Highest rated application in Play Store.
- Too many pop-ups for a single screenshot.
- Sometimes get buggy in various applications due to resolution issues.
- Widget bug issues can get annoying.
2. Long Shot
- Most downloaded app in the Play Store.
- Multiple screenshot options.
- Auto-scrolling, manual stitching, floating capture, and many more modes to take a screenshot.
- No watermarks and closable ads make it very enjoyable to use.
- Verticle and horizontal orientation support.
- Does not work as a simple click screenshot, so need to get through with their tutorial.
- Sometimes the features stop working suddenly and need to restart the app but it happens very rarely.
3. Screenple Screenshots
- Intuitive UI.
- One of the most feature rich screenshot and screen recording app.
- Top rated and downloaded app in the Play Store.
- Cloud support for saving and backing up your screenshots.
- Some features require manual control which can be annoying.
- Stitching of screenshots of custom sized screenshots.
- Drawing support over the screenshots.
- Unlimited scrolling options for very long screenshots.
- Manual stitching option available.
- The free version is full of ads but, the paid version isn’t much of a upgrade to pay for.
- Screen freezing issues happen when changing the screens (OPTIONAL).
- Interface can be finicky for many users.
Go ahead and try these apps on your device and comment down which one do you like the most. Lastly, dropdown your views, comments, or any feedback for further assistance, and we shall see you in the next one.