So, if you are an artist or like scribbling and is planning to invest in a brand new tablet for drawing, you are in the right place. This article will give you an insight into the ten best android tablets for drawing and illustration, which will guide you and help you decide which one to opt for.
Creativity can come to artists at any point in time, and they would want to create their masterpiece with their favorite instrument, brushes, and colors. But it is not always possible to carry the drawing stuff along with them. This is where the use and necessity of drawing tablets steps in. the technology has progressed at such a pace that it has made people’s lives more comfortable. Drawing tablets are easy to carry and are convenient to use. The artist can illustrate his drawings from anywhere. They come in different designs, brands, operating systems, and features. Each of them has a unique characteristic of its own, which makes it different from the other, and they need not be attached to the computer or laptop. They can be easily used with android gadgets and comes with an easy-to-use interface.
Best Android Tablet List for Your Creative Self
1. Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 SM-T867VZAAVZW
Price- $ 599.95
OS- Android 9 pie
Popularity- 4.7 stars out of 5
This device stands at top of the best android tablets list; powered by an octa-core processor is one of the most potent and fantastic tools for drawing. It is compact and lightweight and comes with a whopping 10.5-inch display screen with 2560 x 1600P. This has a great battery backup of up to 15 hours and has a fast-charging capability that doesn’t disturb your work. It also comes with 4 AKG quad speakers, which can produce excellent graphics. For easy drawing and writing notes, it comes with an S-pen. It magnetically attaches itself with the device for easy storage and fast charging.
Features of Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 SM-T867VZAAVZW
- It has a fantastic AMOLED display.
- It comes with storage of up to 128GB/256GB.
- It comes with an S pen stylus perfect for drawing and doodling.
- It has a super-powerful processor and CPU Snapdragon 855, which makes the device work faster.
- It has a battery life of up to 15 hours.
- It comes with 6GB RAM that makes it a multitasking device and operates at lightning speed.
- It has a 0 MP and 5MP rear camera and 8 MP front camera.
- It does not come with a headphone jack.
2. XP-PEN G640S
OS- Windows 10/8/7 and Mac 10.10 or above operating systems
Popularity- 4 stars out of 5
This 9mm and 1.1 pounds device is a convenient portable device that is made for users on the go. It has a display of 6.5 x 4 inches and works on all devices ranging from android to windows. This one works well for both right and left-handed people. It comes with six shortcut keys located close to the user’s fingers to adjust according to their convenience. It also has one of the most potent styli with 8192 levels of pressure, which offers you a very realistic drawing experience. The pen does not require charging and is environmentally friendly. It comes with additional 20 replacement nibs, which saves you from the tension of finding nibs when running out of them. It is suitable for a more professional experience as it supports a variety of drawing and design software like photoshop, SAI, Illustrator, XP-Pen Deco Draw Drawing App, etc.
Features of XP-PEN G640S
- It is suitable for both the left and right-hand users.
- It supports a range of drawing software.
- It is lightweight and portable.
- The pen is environment friendly with a rubber-grip.
- It offers a smooth and sensitive drawing experience.
- An excellent option for budget-friendly best android tablet buyers.
- Its customizable express keys help to work according to the user’s convenience.
- It has a pressure sensitivity of 8192 levels, which provide you with detailed and in-depth strokes.
- The only con of this device is it does not come with a built-in screen, and only one small screen can be used for drawing.
3. 2020 Huion HS611
OS- Android 6.0 or above, Windows 7 or above, MAC OS 10.12 or above.
Popularity- 4.4 out of 5 stars
This effortlessly light-weight and portable device with a 6.35 x 10.17 inches display screen is a budget-friendly Android tablet for drawing. It comes with a type-c port that can help connect with any device of the user’s choice. This device comes with eight multimedia keys, which help in optimising productivity. It serves dual purposes at once when looking for the best android tablet. You can draw and also listen to music at the same time. It also comes with ten shortcut keys that the user can adjust as per his/her preference. The touch strip will help in smoothly zooming in and zooming out. It comes with a PW500 stylus, which has 8192 levels of pressure, making your drawing experience superb.
Features of 2020 Huion HS611
- It comes with a type-c port that offers convenient connectivity.
- It is super light and portable.
- It weighs only 0.063 pounds.
- It is suitable for those who want to listen to music along with their work.
- It comes with eight multimedia and ten shortcut keys.
- It is economical and budget-friendly.
- It is very sensitive and comes with 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity.
- It comes with a large drawing surface.
- They come with many shortcut keys, which makes the operation more comfortable and convenient.
- It comes with a light pen that provides a firm grip.
- It has a weak USB port.
- It is not compatible with a lot of design and drawing software.
OS- MAC and Windows software
Popularity- 4.1 out 0f 5 stars
One of the best options to consider when looking for drawing tablets. It has a big screen display of 10 by six with a big surface area to design your thoughts and imagination. This tablet is also light in weight, compact, and portable. It comes with four customizable keys to adjust according to your preferences. VEIKK-A30 also comes with a smart touch strip, which helps in zooming in and out. It has a digital pen that comes with super 8912 levels of pressure sensitivity. It is compatible with almost all the design and drawing software, making it a desirable option to consider.
Features of VEIKK-A30
- It is thin and lightweight.
- It has a battery-free digital pen.
- Economical and budget-friendly
- It offers a large working space.
- It has a screen resolution of 5080LPI.
- The stylus does not require charging.
- It has a ten by six active area.
Nothing as such.
5. M708 UGEE
OS- Windows 7/8/10 Chrome and Mac OS 10.10 or above
Popularity- 4.1 out of 5 stars
It is one of the best android tablets for artists and designers. It comes with a large 10 x 6.25 inches display screen, which offers a large active area for designing the user’s creativity. M708 UGEE is also compatible with a wide variety of drawing software Zenbrush, ibis Paint X, Medibang, Autodesk Sketchbook, etc. it comes with a set of 8 customizable keys to adjust as per the user’s preference. It has a high reporting rate of 266RPS, which makes it efficient and fast in operating. The stylus comes with 8192 levels of pressure, which helps in drawing freely and smoothly. The stylus has eight nibs, which can be replaced when one is finished. It is convenient and easy to use with a single click eraser or pen click.
Features of M708 UGEE
- It has a large working area.
- It comes with eight customizable shortcut keys.
- It Supports an array of drawing and design software.
- Best buy in budget with great features and characteristics.
- It is handy for both right and left-handed people.
- It comes with a pen signer, which allows the user to sign any document digitally.
- The USB cable is quite long, around 150 cm, which is great for all kinds of work.
- Compatible on both Windows and MAC.
- The pen needs to be recharged with AAA batteries, so it is advised to buy beforehand so that the pen doesn’t stop working.
- The pen does not come with an eraser.
- The user might face some driver issues.
- It scratches very quickly as compared to other tablets.
Must Read – 8 Best Laptops Under $1000 – UPDATED
6. Wacom Intuos CTL4100WLEO
OS-Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 (excluding Windows 10 S; Latest service pack/build), macOS X 10.11 or later
Popularity- 4.5 out of 5 stars
This brand is one of the leading ones for tablets in the market. It is an excellent option for beginners and intermediates, thanks to its stunning and latest features at a cost-effective price. Adding to the list, it comes with a 4k sensitive pen, which gives the users a better and realistic experience. It is portable and thin, easy to carry, and presentable. This also has a large active area that offers expansive space for showing your creativity and imagination. It also has four customizable shortcut keys for better productivity. Also, this best android tablet is available in four different variants, and the user can choose as per his/her need.
Features of Wacom Intuos CTL4100WLEO
- It has a screen display of 6-inch x 3.5”.
- It has the feature of Bluetooth that helps to connect the desktop to the tablet and share files.
- Compact and lightweight.
- The stylus comes with 4096 levels of pressure sensitivity.
- It comes with four customizable press keys.
- It is easy to install and set-up.
- It has an excellent resolution of 2540LPI.
- Nothing as such.
7. Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite
OS- Android 8.0
Popularity- 4.3 out of 5 stars
The device powered by a kirin 659 Octa-core 2.36GHz processor is one of the best options to consider while buying an android art tablet. It comes with a large display of 10.1 inches and a screen resolution of 1920x1200P. It has a unique feature of Huawei ClariVu technology, which enhances the brightness and sharpness of visuals. This has a great battery life of up to 12 hours. It has the eye-comfort mode feature, which does not stress the eyes when sitting for long hours on the screen. It also has a stylus named Huawei M-Pen lite pen with 2048 levels of pressure, which works well in all situations. This is lightweight and portable to be carried easily while traveling.
Features of Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite
- This has a high battery life with power-saving technology.
- It comes with a Huawei ClariVu technology for the vividness of the screen.
- It comes with eye comfort mode.
- It comes with 3 GB RAM for the smooth operation of the device.
- It has a storage capacity of 32 GB and can be expanded up to 256 GB.
- It supports Bluetooth and wireless connectivity.
- It has dual speakers on the top and button which produce rich sound.
- There is no place to keep or attach the stylus to the device.
- The 8MP rear front camera is a disappointment.
8. Simbans Picasso tab
OS- Android 9 pie
Popularity- 4.4 out of 5 stars
This 10-inch drawing tablet comes with a stylus pen is a budget-friendly option for the people out there. It has a lot of stunning at such a price point. This comes with Autodesk Sketchbook and Artflow: Paint Draw Sketchbook already installed, and other applications can also be installed according to the users’ needs. It has 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity to create different strokes. It also comes with a case and pen, easy to use, and handle. This android tablet works on an Android operating system and can be used as standard tablet-like watching movies, listening to songs, checking emails, and using social media. It is an excellent option for artists who and children who like doodling and practicing the art on a low budget.
Features of Simbans Picasso tab
- It has a long battery backup of up to 10 hours.
- This has compact and lightweight, and easy to handle.
- It has a screen resolution of 1200 x800
- It comes with high CPU power.
- It can be connected via wi-fi and HDMI cable.
- It offers a one year warranty on built-in defects.
- It has a storage capacity of 32 GB and can be expanded further.
- It comes with 2GB RAM.
- It comes with pre-installed drawings apps great to use.
- The stylus is not up to the mark.
- The screen should be more durable.
9. Lenovo Tab M10 Plus
OS- Android 9 pie
Popularity- 4.5 out of 5 stars
The ultra-thin and stylish design makes this device a travel-friendly option. It comes with an 8 MP camera and has a screen display of 10.3 inches with a 1920 x 1200-pixel. Additionally, it comes with dual-speakers that offer a good quality sound. It comes with a google-assistant ambient mode, which transforms the tablet into a smart display. This one comes with many pre-installed apps that are useful and handy. It comes with android 9. It also has a built-in eye protection feature.
Features of Lenovo Tab M10 Plus
- It comes with a storage space of 32 GB.
- The display screen is high resolution and eye-friendly.
- It has an attractive metal body and lightweight.
- It comes with a vivid screen.
- Transforms into a smart display.
- It is accompanied by a charging dock.
- It has engaging software.
- It has a very poor battery backup.
- Works on outdated android.
- It doesn’t offer pressure sensitivity.
10. Samsung Galaxy Tab S7
Price- $ 549
OS- Android 10.0
Popularity- 4.7 out of 5 stars
It is one of the best android tablets available for artists in the market. Moreover, it comes with an 11-inch screen with a resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels. It has a good battery backup and charges quickly. This android tablet for drawing comes with a stylus that has a good grip and glides on smoothly on the screen. It is sleek and sturdy. It comes with 1 TB of additional storage space for all designs.
- The stylus is highly responsive and pressure resistant.
- It operates smoothly, giving a fantastic user experience.
- It is on the expensive side.