Smartwatches are not anymore about just receiving or making phone calls and SMS. They are now much more advanced, offering most of the features of your smartphone, if not exactly a replacement for it. Today, one of the most crucial tasks of a smartwatch is fitness tracking. And as tech-enthusiasts, we all want to go for the best possible ones.
Even if you are more concerned about the sophistication of your device or just looking for a cheaper option, we got you covered. In this article, we have mentioned some of the Best Android Smartwatches that come with tons of features and functionalities. These watches not only display notifications but can also work as a lifesaver.
They can detect your heart rate, blood pressure, blood oxygen, and so much more. Above all, these watches alert you as soon as it detects a certain rise or fall in any activity. These smartwatches act as your best fitness companion and keep you motivated throughout your training.
A more noteworthy feature is you can seamlessly connect these devices with your Bluetooth earphones/ headphones and listen to the greatest collection from your favorite streaming app, be it Spotify, Pandora, or any other. So, without wasting another moment, let’s dive into our main subject.
8 Best Android Smartwatches – Exclusive List
This list includes the latest & exclusive smartwatches that got you covered in all aspects. While some of them are dedicated to your health and fitness, others provide overall brilliant performance. Anyway, you will get to see at least a glance of every other feature in these 8 excellent Android smartwatches.
1. Fossil Gen-5 Carlyle
The Fossil Gen 5 Carlyle is the most stylish Android smartwatch. It looks perfectly smart and elegant, with a round screen and large bezel giving it a premium feel on the wrist. It features a 1.28-inch AMOLED screen with a sharp display even under bright sunlight.
You can even change the bands among the available ones. Besides, the smartwatch comes feature-packed with loads of applications and basic functionalities, same as your smartphone.
- Sleek and lightweight
- Multiple Smart Battery Modes: Daily, Extended, Time Only
- Multiple colors and strap options
- Gesture control
- 8GB storage and 1GB RAM
- Not ideal for health and fitness
- No waterproof
- The WearOS app should keep running in the background of your smartphone to keep it connected
- Runs on WearOS by Google, perfectly compatible with Android phones.
- A good number of apps, including fitness apps, Google Assistant, Spotify, etc.
- Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 3100, offering ultimate performance.
- 24+ hours of battery life with extended and time only mode for more efficient battery saving.
- Supports heart rate tracking, Bluetooth calling, microphone, speaker, and call/SMS notifications.
2. Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2
The Galaxy Watch Active 2 is surely the best Android smartphone from an overall functionality aspect. It avails various customizable notifications, widgets, and watch phases. You can turn it from a basic to a robust smartwatch. The 1.4-inch display looks astonishing and is incredibly bright.
It features all of the expected features in a smartphone that includes calendar, weather, contacts, music, and a microphone and speaker for Bluetooth calls. It comes with an acceptable battery life of up to 2 days (based on the usage) and does a pretty good job with your fitness too.
- Larger size
- Absolutely comfortable on hands.
- Touch-sensitive rotating bezel
- Better fitness insights
- Sleep Tracking
- Available in LTE variant
- Lack of app support
- No change in performance compared to the predecessors.
- Very sleek and comfortable design and has premium elegance look wise.
- Provides more detailed insights to reach your fitness goals faster and easier.
- Supports multiple media files like MP3, WAV, WMV, OGG, M4A, 3GA, ACC, AMR, OGA, and AWB.
- Long-lasting battery life can last up to 5 full days on a single charge.
- Automatically detects your heart rate and notifies you if it exceeds or is below your expected rate.
3. Fossil Gen 5 Julianna
The Gen 5 Juliana from Fossil is one of the most fashionable Android smartwatches for women only. It comes with an incredibly flexing look along with a 44mm round stainless steel case and rose-gold bezel. The 1.28-inch AMOLED display has just the perfect brightness to fit under any condition.
It further comes with four different battery modes responsible for minimizing or maximizing battery life. Moreover, the USB cable with the magnetic charger provides fast charging with up to 80% charge in just an hour.
- Well built and incredibly stylish
- Easy app management
- Increased storage and RAM
- Supports Google Fit
- Does not offer a promising performance on health and fitness
- No waterproof
- Rare instances of uncertain network
- Powered by Wear OS works great with iPhone and Android smartphones.
- Multiple watch faces, customizable notifications, and widgets give your watch a new look every time.
- Interchangeable 22mm bands, available in different colors.
- Hundreds of apps, including health & fitness, music, weather, calendar, and more.
- 24 hours + four battery saving modes for extra battery life.
- New enhancements include sleep history tracking, setting sleep goals, etc.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 3100 boosts performance.
- Supports smart sensing and many more compelling features.
4. Fitbit Versa 2
The Fitbit Versa 2 is an Android smartwatch dedicated to health and fitness. It gets you covered to achieve your overall fitness goals and keeps you motivated throughout. The aluminum base feels light on hands, making it comfortable to wear all night and day. By default, Fitbit offers a simple silicone strap along with the watch, but they do have a wide variety for fashion lovers too.
The 1.4-inch AMOLED display and the large bezel gives it a premium look. Besides, the always-on display lets you check the time without raising your wrist every time. Plus, Fitbit offers several watch faces with the new display to give it a new look every other time.
- Always-on display
- Exercise tracker
- Sleep score and smart awake
- Health and fitness guidance
- Built-in Amazon Alexa
- 6+ Day battery life
- Lack of GPS
- No always-on customization
- Built-in Alexa lets you check on the weather, get quick information and news, control your home appliances, and more.
- A lightweight aluminum body feels more comfortable on the wrist.
- Heart rate tracker, sleep analyzer, and other fitness apps provide personal insights on your health and fitness.
- Comes with a longer battery life lasting up to 6+ days.
- Receive calls, notifications, texts, and send quick replies when near to the connected smartphone.
- Fully compatible with over 200 iOS and Android devices and Bluetooth earphones.
5. HUAWEI Watch GT 2
The HUAWEI Watch GT 2 comes with a sophisticated round metal body dial. The dial size is neither too big nor too small, making it a perfect fit on all wrist sizes. The 1.2-inch and 1.4-inch AMOLED 3D glass screen provide a more accurate touch response along with the gorgeous look from the front.
The smartwatch weighs just 41 grams that makes it very lightweight on hands, and the straps feel pretty gentle on the skin. Apart from this, the watch instantly connects with your Bluetooth earphones, thus providing you a much better performance. It does a pretty good job of tracking your fitness as well, which makes it an ideal option from an overall aspect.
- Minimalistic aesthetic design
- 3D Glass Display
- 15 Workout modes
- Excellent battery backup
- Good overall performance
- Very limited watch faces
- No support for an app store
- Metallic round-shaped 42mm and 46mm elegant looking dials.
- Powered by HUAWEI Kirin A1 Self-developed chip.
- Intelligent power saving technology provides a long battery backup of up to 1 week.
- Features two positioning systems to increase positioning accuracy.
- Supports most of the everyday life features, including calls, texts, notifications, heart rate tracking, sleep tracking, etc.
6. YAMAY Smartwatch
This is the most budget-friendly smartwatch that comes with great functionalities and powerful hardware. It looks stylish and feels relaxing on the wrist. YAMAY smartwatch seems like a combination of a mini smartphone and a fitness tracker. This unisex smart device comes with full compatibility for iPhone and Android users.
The solid metal frame ensures much longer durability, and the TFT LCD screen looks sharp and bright to the eyes. The wrist strap bands feel tender to the hands. Moreover, it supports loads of fitness tracking apps taking care of your everyday workout routine and sleep.
- Inch color display + automatic brightness adjustment
- Full fitness tracking include a heart rate tracker, pedometer, sleep monitor, etc
- Blood Pressure and blood oxygen monitoring
- 14 Activity modes
- Stylish unisex watch with a highly durable body
- Long battery back of up to 10 days
- Wrist sensor switch
- Rare issues of battery life after usage of a couple of months
- 1.3-inch TFT LCD Screen.
- Solid and durable metal built-body.
- Comes with an IP68 waterproof rating.
- Longer battery life lasting for 7-10 days on a single charge.
- Requires Android 4.4 or above or iOS 8.0.
- Provides most of the practical features and satisfying service.
7. Mobvoi TicWatch E2
The Mobvoi TicWatch E2 is a budget-friendly smartwatch that is highly compatible with any Android device. The smartwatch comes under a price of $150 without compromising in its efficiency and functionalities. It is dedicatedly built for its functionalities and not the aesthetics, and so it has a bulky design.
The mate black polycarbonate plastic finish looks extremely polished and amazing. The rubber straps give almost a feel like a smooth leather piece, leaving no reshes on the skin. Besides, the heart rate monitor, pedometer, and other essentials make it your perfect fitness companion.
- Built-in GPS with 3 satellite systems
- 5 ATM waterproof
- 24/7 heart rate monitor
- Stylish and durable material
- IP68 water resistance
- Excellent collection of watch faces
- Interchangeable bands
- Bulky design
- No Sleep tracker
- No NFC
- Polycarbonate plastic frame with wide bezel
- Runs on Wear OS to provide a satisfying performance
- 5ATM waterproof resistance makes it a swim-ready device.
- Comes with a built-in Google Assistant.
- Intelligent technology to receive calls, texts, and notifications.
- Compatible with Android and iOS smartphones.
- 1.4-inch AMOLED crisp display.
- 24HRM and a built-in GPS.
8. Garmin Forerunner 945
The Garmin Forerunner 945 can be the best companion for runners. The material used is basically plastic and silicon, which ensures the watch fits well and feels lightweight to the hands. It comes with a trans-reflected display along with a backlight for quick view throughout the day and night.
Similar to its predecessors, the Garmin 945 features 5 functional buttons for navigating with the apps. Forerunner 945 does have a few updates compared to the Garmin Forerunner 935 and previous models. Additionally, the smartwatch has an enhanced battery life by 50% providing 36 hours of battery backup on GPS without music.
- Consists of all triathlon features
- Robust hardware
- Good connectivity
- Supports online payments via Apple pay and Google pay
- Supports offline music
- Proper Workouts and training plans
- Comparatively expensive
- Rare issues with the buttons
- The menu interface seems a little awkward
- Lack of FE-C connectivity
- Lightweight plastic body with silicone wrist strap.
- 1.2-inches LCD display.
- Up to 2 weeks of battery life in smartwatch mode, 60 hours in ultra-trace mode, and 10 hours in GPS mode + music.
- Performance monitoring features that include VO2 Max and training status.
- Heat and altitude adjustments.
From Editor’s Desk
I hope this list has ended your search for the best Android smartwatch. In this list, we tried to include versatile smartwatches that come with their own set of features. Also, coming to the price point, we have mentioned some of the expensive and affordable ones that have the best to provide in their price range.
If you are more concerned about the performance and functionalities of the watch, the Fossil Gen 5 series and the Samsung Galaxy Active 2 are the best picks. However, the YAMAY and Mobvoi Smartwatches are more on the affordable sides that come with a great set of features. Besides, as per the comfortability, all of these smartwatches feel very relaxing and lightweight on the wrist.