Spotify, the world’s largest music streaming service has finally rolled out a feature that will allow users to add a custom cover and description to their playlists.
This feature was limited to PC users only, but things have changed for good now. Not only that, but Spotify users can also set a description for their custom playlist.
Thankfully, this feature is available for both free and premium Spotify users so everyone will be able to make use of it.
This comes in handy and gives more of a “my playlist” kind of vibe as you have full access to customization of your playlist.
Here is how to add a custom cover to your Spotify playlist
This is fairly easy to do just follow these simple steps.
- Head to your existing playlist (or create the new one if you want)
- Click on the three dots on the top right corner.
- Tap “Edit”
- Now, click on the default cover or tap on “Change Image” and choose the new image you want from your phone gallery.
- Click on “Use Image” when you are done.
- Additionally, you can change the title if you want and underneath that add some description if you would like.
- Tap on “Save” and you are done.
Besides that, Spotify also seems to be working on a new feature that might roll out soon in the coming updates. The new feature is ‘Trim Silence’ that allows users to skip pauses in podcasts. As per the tweet below we can see that the upcoming feature was toggled on from the settings.
Moreover, this new feature is going to attract a huge audience towards Spotify’s podcast if it rolls out in the upcoming update.