OnePlus Nord has been launched on July 21st but there is still a lot of confusion in the minds of people regarding its availability. Those who bought the AR online event passes to the ones who preordered the phone, are confused as to when they will receive their rewards. OnePlus silently posted regarding the same on their online community forum.
In this post, we came across quite a few facts which had earlier been perceived differently by users and fooled the in a way by purchasing the AR event passes for Rs. 99, and/or the Pre-order box at Rs. 499. We can call this as false marketing strategies and despise such practices followed by OnePlus for their Nord smartphone launch.
AR Event Pass Assured Gift
All those who bought the AR invite worth Rs. 99 were to get an assured gift via a lottery. These gifts include OnePlus Nord, TV, Bullets Wireless, or an Amazon cashback (which can be redeemed on purchasing OnePlus Nord). This is slightly disappointing as “assured gift” is only for those who purchase the phone. Such a condition was never made public while the invites were being sold. Here are the steps as mentioned by OnePlus Nord’s Instagram handle:
OnePlus Nord Online Pop-up event
Prior to open sale, OnePlus is also hosting its first-ever online Pop up event. This will enable selective users to get early access to the OnePlus Nord. For more details on participation, check out our article here.
Blind Pre-Order Information (15th July worth Rs. 499)
For those who preordered the phone before the launch on 15th July by paying Rs. 499 on Amazon.in, here is the information:
- If you purchase any variant of OnePlus Nord on amazon.in before August 31st 2020 (subject to availability), Amazon will send a coupon code along with a web-link for the 2nd gift box.
- You can redeem the 2nd Pre-order Gift from the web-link provided at no extra cost. The 2nd Gift Box contains a OnePlus Bullets Wireless V1 and a OnePlus Nord Sandstone Case.
This is also a slight deviation from the original terms and conditions. Back on 15th July 2020, OnePlus had mentioned in its Terms and Conditions that the 2nd preorder box will contain Blue colored Bullets Wireless Z earphones and a Blue Sandstone Case for OnePlus Nord. Now, they have changed it to giving their customers much older Bullets Wireless V1, which is quite a disappointment too.
OnePlus Nord Sale Dates Timeline:
OnePlus Nord will be available in 2 colors – Blue Marble and Gray Onyx. The availability for different variants of these are as follows:
- Offline Pre-booking for the phone starts from 22nd August via OnePlus retailers or stores across India.
- Online Pre-booking via Amazon starts from 28th July onwards.
- Exclusive sale for Red Cable Club members on 3rd August at OnePlus stores and Oneplus.in(limited stocks).
- Sale for pre-booking starts on 4th August:
- 8/128 variants of both colors, and 12/256 GB variant of the Gray Onyx color will go up on sale starting 4th August.
- 12/256 GB variant in Marble Blue color goes on sale starting 6th August via Amazon Prime day sale.
- 6/64 GB variant will only be available in Gray Onyx color, but sometime in September this year.
- Open Sale for those who haven’t pre-booked the device starts 6th August onwards.
- Exclusive sales at Reliance Digital and My Jio stores across India from 7th-10th August.
- Open sales via all platforms and channels start 12th August.