Popular smartphone maker OnePlus recently launched its latest smartphone, the OnePlus 8T, in the Indian market. OnePlus 8T introduced unique features like 120Hz refresh rate, 65W fast charging, quad-camera setup, and more. As per a recent post published on the OnePlus forum, the OnePlus 8T is now receiving its first OxygenOS update in India. Moreover, it looks like OnePlus is once again dangerously close to bloatware territory as its latest OxygenOS 22.214.171.124.KB05DA update forces the Amazon app installation with it.
The new and the first software update for OnePlus 8T brings some optimizations to the camera and various other improvements. However, OnePlus has started rolling out the update gradually, so it might take some time to reach all devices. Here’s what you need to know about the latest OxygenOS update for OnePlus 8T in India.
OnePlus 8T OxygenOS Update Details
The latest OxygenOS update, and the first one for the OnePlus 8T in India, comes with model number OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 KB05DA. The update size is around 389MB and can be downloaded through the in-built system update feature of your smartphone. The update comes with a few system improvements like an optimized unlock experience for ambient display and optimized power consumption. Also, OnePlus has added the Amazon shopping app to the software update to make the shopping experience of users better.
There’s something more for the OnePlus 8T camera. Users will get the optimized Nightscape Mode for video and improved imaging quality. There are a few other improvements to the network too. See the complete changelog below:
1. Newly added Amazon shopping App, provide a better shopping experience
2. Optimized unlock experience for Ambient Display
3. Optimized power consumption for the phone
1. Optimized the Nightscape Mode for video, improving the imaging quality
2. Optimized the accuracy of white balance under different settings
3. Improved the app’s stability
• Improve the stability of communication functions
Silently Added Features
1. Canvas AOD now available (Beta)
2. Added Horizon Light option under Customization
To download the update, just go to Settings > System > System Updates and then click Check for Update. If it’s rolled out for your device, you’ll be able to download the latest OxygenOS version.