OnePlus has started releasing the OxygenOS updates for its smartphones in a staged rollout, and the OnePlus Nord is receiving a stable version of OxygenOS 10.5.9 [India & Global]. At the same time, the company has rolled out the latest open beta builds of OxygenOS for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro devices. An OnePlus staff member took to the official company forum [link1, link2] to announce the system update release and share the changelog.
The Chinese smartphone brand is pushing a stable release of the custom Android skin, the OxygenOS 10.5.9 [India g Global], for the OnePlus Nord in stages. The 10.5.9 [EU] will follow soon. On the other hand, there is an OxygenOS Open Beta 3 update for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro smartphones.
OxygenOS 10.5.9 for OnePlus Nord
There are three separate build numbers for India, EU, and Global versions of the latest update. OnePlus Nord in India will receive OxygenOS 10.5.9.AC01DA update and the other builds include 10.5.9.AC01BA [EU] and 10.5.9.AC01AA [Global]. The latest update comes with an updated security patch to 2020.10 and improved system stability and bug fixes. OnePlus has added a bunch of new features and gaming tools too.
See the complete changelog below:
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.10
- Improved system stability and general bug fixes
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only heads up and block just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Whatsapp and INS (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Improved Bluetooth connection stability
- Improved network stability
OxygenOS Open Beta 3 for OnePlus 8, 8 Pro
OnePlus has released Open Beta 3 for the company’s OnePlus 8 series, which includes two smartphones — the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. This open beta build also comes with an updated Android security patch to 2020.10 and other optimizations. The company has fixed issues with blocked text in some games and has optimized the UI smoothness of Call. There are various changes to the ambient display features also.
See the full changelog below:
- Optimized the UI smoothness of Call
- Optimized background process management mechanism to improve sandy-by performance
- Fixed the issue that text was blocked in some games
- Optimized the issue that input text was blocked in some games
- Improved system stability and fixed general issues
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.10
- Optimized the animation effect with Canvas, making the unlock experience smoother
- Canvas now supports Always-on ambient display(Settings-Ambient Display-Always-on ambient display-Choose “All day” ）
- Fixed the low probability issue that the system settings interface stopped running when Zen Mode turned on
You should keep in mind that this is a beta software and hence may not be as stable as the official OTA.